Finding a caregiver is not an easy task, but by reading this guide you can make the process easier on yourself and for those who you care about.
Here are 7 crucial steps to finding the right caregiver.
- Make sure that the caregiver lives close by in case of emergencies. This way, if a situation arises, you can respond to it quickly by contacting the nearby caregiver.
- Make sure the caregiver is able to respond to you by text since an important meeting might keep you from calling.
- Do an extensive background check.
- Make sure they are CPR certified in case of emergencies.
- Also test them on medical terms so they have an idea of common issues with senior care.
- Make sure they have the proper vaccination. Seniors are already fragile, why burden them with a sick caregiver? Make sure they have their vaccinations up to date.
- The caregiver and the senior must have common ground. If they dislike each other, it won’t work out well for neither of them.